Swirly Twirly Stencil Waves Background



Hi there! It's Cheiron here with my monthly post. This week I am sharing a card with an adorable elephant from the Beach Day set on a background of "waves" made with the Swirly Twirly stencil. This background is super easy to make using a mono print technique with Distress Oxides and stencils.


To begin, I took my stencil and Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean.


Then I pressed the inks into the stencil with the Distress Oxides, I find it easiest to apply a little twist while pressing them down so the ink comes out of the pad easier.


Once my inks were on the stencil, I gave them a few spritzes of water, until I could see it beading up on the back of the stencil. When the stencil was inked up and sprayed with water, I turned it over and pressed it down onto a panel of watercolor card stock to make a monoprint. I placed a paper towel over it to blot any excess and then removed the paper towel and stencil.


I love the look of this background, and think it looks just like waves! I hope you will try it out for yourself :)

6 comments

Back to Top