Kid with a Microphone + Weekend SALES!!!


Ever since I saw the Kid with a Microphone sentiment from Happier Than, I wanted to fashion a microphone and pair it with this cute boy from Better Together! I looked through all the different sets and saw that the North Pole sign from Santa's Wonderland looked like it could be a microphone.


I masked off the ball (finial) and stamped the bottom of the pole right next to it so it's essentially a very short pole. Then I used the coordinating die for the sign and partially die cut the ball and then the pole. I used a Copic multiliner to draw in the lines on the ball and dots for the windscreen.


I also used created a mask for the tiny little snowman in the snowglobe from Elfs and Their Shelf and stamped it on to the boy's sweater to create a holiday sweater. The tree stump stage is from Lumberjack Love.


I used the falling snow stamp from May Your Holidays Be behind the boy's head and it was heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder. The big sentiment was also heat embossed and the hollow happier word was coloured in with red and orange Copic markers. To balance out the image with the big sentiment, I added sequins in five colours at the base of the tree trunk.


For those celebrating Thanksgiving this long weekend, enjoy your time with friends and family... with a bit of shopping!


Neat & Tangled is having sales all weekend! If you've had your eye on the last two releases, it's the perfect time to purchase a few early Christmas presents for yourself. ;)

Please visit my blog for a full supply list for this card.

5 comments

  1. EMILY! This is awesome! Yay for the microphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, this is awesome! What creative stamping and masking to create this adorable scene!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the "HAPPIER THAN" stamp set. Because the sayings are so specific, I would love to see stamps to go with the sayings for those of us who are creative enough to put something together to go with the saying :) :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. .oops...meant to say NOT creative enough. Sorry

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top