timber! lumberjack birthday card, with Elena

Hi there!

Elena here, with a sneak peek of the birthday card I made for my nephew's first birthday. My sister is planning a lumberjack-themed party, and I had just the thing to make a card to match.

IMG_9821b

I stamped the lumberjack (from Lumberjack Love,) some trees, and the tree stump and colored them in with copic markers. I then die-cut them and set them aside.

The card-base was treated to a wash of dark blue sky, with distress inks in Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Black Soot.  I wet my fingers a bit at the end and flicked some water onto the panel. Most of the texture was covered up by the images, but you can see a little of what the water did around the lumberjack's head.

IMG_9826b


From the side, you can better see how I then cut 2 white panels and layered all of the images either behind or in front of the popped up panels.

To end off, I used our new journaling alpha die set  to personalize the card for my nephew's no. ONE birthday.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

4 comments

  1. I love this! The background and all the layers and of course the super cute lumberjack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute - I really like the way she layered everything and the coloring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top