Double Partial Die-Cutting with Birthday Tags

Hey everyone,

Mayuri here to share a card that uses Laura Bassen's wonderful double partial die-cutting technique. I achieved this with the Birthday Tags die-set along with some circle dies - its not as difficult as it may look!


I began by marking out a horizon line on a piece of cardstock to use as a guide for the partial die-cutting technique, and laid down a circle die on top, taking note of where the line was. I then partially die-cut the circle where it met the line by making sure my cutting plate only covered that part of the die and the piece of cardstock. Laura demonstrates this beautifully here.


I removed the circle die and replaced it with the Birthday Tag die, again taking note of where the guideline appeared. This was also partially die-cut in the same way as the circle. All that was left for me to do was cut the connecting lines on either side and I was left with a bespoke die-cut panel!


I stamped a sentiment from the Giving Tree set with black dye ink and set the panel aside. I sponged some Distress inks directly to a white card base starting quite dark at the bottom and fading out towards the top. I then foam mounted the die-cut panel onto the card base.


I stamped the flowers from the Paris set onto some scraps of inky cardstock with black ink, and then fussy cut a few of them out. These was adhered around the aperture and finished with a few Crystal Clear sequins.


I hope you'll try this technique - it was a lot of fun experimenting with the Neat and Tangled dies!

Thanks for stopping by ;-)

8 comments

Back to Top