Happy Birthday, Dad, with Paper Cut Flowers


Hi, it's Emily here, with a birthday card I made for my Dad whose birthday was this weekend. Since he's an avid gardener, I often make floral cards for him. In fact, he prefers them over masculine cards. ;) This was the perfect opportunity to use Paper Cut Flowers again. I stamped and heat embossed them in various colours on vellum and tucked them into the negative space of a frame created with the A Lot To Say die.


To create the sentiment, I used "Happy Birthday" from Just For You. I spelled "Dad" by masking and selectively stamping letters in the "One of a Kind" sentiment from Paper Cut Flowers. Since red is an important colour for happy occasions in the Chinese culture, I added an enamel heart to complete the visual triangle of reds.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

6 comments

Back to Top