Paper Cut Painting



Hey everyone, it's Miriam with a Paper Cut Flowers card today.

When Danielle created this set, she was inspired by the Polish paper cutting art of wycinanki.  The set definitely recreates that, but I think it also evokes some of the gorgeous floral images and patterns you see in fabric.  I wanted to create the bohemian feel of some really bold flowers in my card today.

I first stamped the large outline image with Antique Linen Distress Ink in each of the corners of a panel of watercolor cardstock.  Then I used Kuretake Gansai watercolors to paint them.  This is not a quick process, but I was able to get the whole card done and photographed during nap time, so not the most labor intensive card I've ever made either.

I wanted to create a full frame around the edges of my panel, so I went back with the smaller solid half flower image, and stamped just a portion of that along the edge between the larger flowers.  I used gold Delicata, and then followed that up with gold embossing powder.  



Since the center of the painted flowers was a little more coppery in tone, I reheated the embossed elements and sprinkled some copper embossing powder on as well to give those a two tone look.  The sentiment was stamped in Delicata and embossed with copper.

A gold cardstock mat finished this off.  

Thanks very much for stopping by today!

6 comments

  1. So pretty!!! I'm totally feeling the boho vibe!! The colors are super sassy and so lovely!! Awesome effect too!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great look with your combination of embossing and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I think you interpret this stamp design so BEAUTIFULLY, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top