Little Bear Place Card

Hi, guys! It's Mary Dawn today bringing you a fun place card using the leaf and acorn images from Little Bear, along with a quick tip for making the place card extra special.

First, the place card:
I used versamark ink and Stampendous Rubellite PEARLustre embossing powder to stamp and emboss the leaves and the acorns. It's not just shiny, like normal embossing powder; it has a gorgeous shimmer as well.

To make the place card extra special, I used a die cutting trick:

I cut my cardstock to 4 inches wide by 5 inches tall and scored at 2-1/2 inches.  Then I placed my die as shown above. I held it in place with a little low tack tape.

When I made my cutting sandwich, I placed the score line along one end of my cutting plates.  This way, when I rolled my sandwich through the machine, only the portion of the die that is north of the score is cut through.

This is what you get. I chose to cover my die cut area with a matching shape and this hid my score line. However, if you didn't want a score line through the middle of the die cut area, you could score just at the left and right edges to facilitate placement of your die. Then, once your place card was die cut, you could take your card back to your scoring board and complete the scores from each edge to where the cut begins. 

Thanks for joining me today! Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


--Mary Dawn

2 comments

  1. Great little tutorial, MD! I have not seen this before. Quick and elegant....love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good trick! I need to remember that. PS-I'm coveting your purple cutting mat!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top